- General provisions
1.1. Mass media representatives (hereinafter the media) are accredited at the Global Fishery Forum & International Exhibition for Fishery, Seafood and Knowhow (hereinafter the Forum) in order to provide the necessary conditions for their professional activities to prepare and disseminate complete and accurate information about Forum events.
1.2. Accreditation of the media is mandatory for their work at all Forum events.
1.3. When performing their professional activities, media representatives are required to respect the rights and legitimate interests of Forum participants and personnel and comply with generally recognized ethical standards.
1.4. The number of media representatives who may attend the Forum is limited due to the organizers’ desire to provide them with the most comfortable working conditions possible as well as quick access to all necessary resources taking into account the infrastructural limitations of the event site.
1.5. The Forum Organizing Committee may increase the quota for media representatives based on their official request provided there is a reasoned justification for such a need.
- Accreditation of media representatives
2.1. Accreditation procedure
A registration application to take part in the Forum may be submitted by both Russian and foreign media representatives and bloggers subject to the following conditions:
- Russian media organizations must be registered with the Federal Service for Supervision of Communications, Information Technology, and Mass Media (hereinafter – Roskomnadzor);
- foreign media representatives:
– must be accredited with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs if they permanently work in the Russian Federation;
– if a foreign media representative does not have accreditation from the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in addition to completing an application on the ministry’s official website, the media representative must send the Forum Organizing Committee a letter on the organization’s official letterhead signed by the head of the organization with the organization’s seal with a request to grant accreditation to the Forum (sample letter).
2.2. Accreditation quotas for media representatives:
- From print publications:
- newspapers – 3 people (2 correspondents, 1 photographer);
- magazines – 2 people (1 correspondent, 1 photographer).
- From information agencies – 4 people (2 correspondents, 2 photographers).
- From electronic publications – 2 people (1 correspondent, 1 cameraman).
- From television companies – 7 people (2 correspondents, 1 producer, 2 cameramen, 2 sound technicians).
- From radio companies – 2 people (2 correspondents).
2.3. Accreditation application submission and review procedure
- Media representatives who wish to take part in covering Forum events as well as media with a specialized focus who wish to take part in covering a specialized Forum business event must submit an accreditation application (hereinafter an application) via the official Forum website (www.fishexpoforum.com).
- A letter from the moderator of a business event with a request to a accredit a media representative indicating the correspondent’s outlet, full name, position and passport data is required for the Forum Organizing Committee to consider an application from a media representative with a specialized focus.
- All fields must be completed in the application with particular attention paid to the mandatory fields marked with an asterisk.
- The application submission period via the official Forum website is from 23 July to 1 September 2017.
- The review period is at least 10 business days following the expiration of the deadline for accepting media applications for registration.
- Media accreditation is valid for the entire duration of the Forum.
2.4. Media accreditation badge issuance procedure
- Media representatives are given accreditation badges provided their registration applications are approved by the Forum Organizing Committee.
- Accreditation badges are issued at accreditation stations. Information about the location and hours of the accreditation stations is available on the official Forum website (www.fishexpoforum.com).
- Accreditation badges may only be issued if the following conditions are met:
- if there is confirmed accreditation in the Forum database;
- upon presenting a passport (the passport number must match the number specified in the registration form) as well as:
- for the Russian media – upon presenting a media identification card or, if a badge is obtained under a power of attorney, an official letter on the media outlet’s letterhead signed by the director or the person responsible for personnel management at the organization with the organization’s certified seal (sample letter);
- for foreign media representatives accredited with the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs – upon presenting the accreditation card from the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- for foreign media without accreditation from the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs – upon presenting a media identification card.
- The badge is personalized and may not be given to third parties during the Forum. The badge must be worn in a visible place at all times when at the Forum venue.
- Any other accreditation cards are not valid for entering the Forum venue.
- If an accreditation badge is lost or stolen, the media representative must immediately notify any Forum information desk. A lost badge will be blocked. A duplicate will be issued based on a written request.
2.5. Rules for accessing Forum events
- Media accreditation is mandatory to work at all Forum events.
- Media technical personnel are granted access based on the regulation for the access of technical personnel to the Forum venue.
- Denial of accreditation
The Forum Organizing Committee may deny accreditation:
- to individuals who are not media representatives and do not hold the positions specified in clause 2.2 of these rules;
- to media representatives who specialize in publications with a purely advertising or citation-based focus or narrow specialization that is not related to the Forum theme except for industry-based publications.
- The Forum Organizing Committee reserves the right to deny accreditation without explanation.
- Rights and obligations of media representatives accredited at the Forum
4.1. Media representatives accredited at the Forum may:
- utilize all services specifically intended for the work of journalists and press service employees;
- obtain information about official Forum events and exhibitions (press releases, business programme, participants, catalogues of participants, etc.);
- work at the Forum Press Centre during official events using the infrastructure of the Forum Press Centre;
- attend press conferences, briefings, and other press events.
4.2. Media representatives accredited at the Forum must:
- verify the accuracy of the information they report;
- fulfil the requests of individuals who provide information with a reference to its source;
- inform citizens and officials about any audio or video recording, filming or photography when obtaining information from such individuals;
- present a media identification card or another document certifying the identity and credentials of the media representative when engaging in professional activities if and when requested;
- not use their professional capabilities to conceal information or falsify public information or collect information for a third party or organization that is not a media outlet;
- suspend (stop) photography or video recording at the request of Forum security service officials;
- not disseminate printed materials on the territory of the Forum without approval from the Forum Organizing Committee;
- when using official information and quoting statements from Forum participants, adhere to the Forum ‘Citation Policy’, specifically: finished materials must contain a reference to the Forum and the source of the information obtained, and for electronic media – a reference to the official Forum website (www.fishexpoforum.com). Any amendments, additions or distortions of copied (cited) information are not permitted.